Wednesday, October 1, 2008

June 10th going home

Finally my body is working again.  After colon cancer you can not leave the hospital until your colon - intestines demonstrate they are able to eliminate waste.  Ah and mine has made a demonstration worthy of letting me go home.  I can not say I will miss the hospital.  I have found a way to work with the nurses - and to understand the strain of their schedules.  The food in hospitals have not changed for decades - it is time to address the issue of health and nutrition.  I am appalled that a liquid diet still consists of jello, ginger-ale, apple juice along with beef bullion.  With so many other choices... a visit to Whole Foods by Michael only helped not hindered my health.  An orange, ginger tea and fresh lemon juice is what finally got my body working - simple real foods.

My incision feels a bit warm and I worry about infection - my surgeon is confident and Dr. T is sending me home.  I am ready - did I already say that.

Mark Albright is my knight in shining armor - he and Michael are breaking me out of this joint. 


0 comments: