Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Ester my savior June 12th

My dear friend Stacy brings aunt Ester and the ball of healing starts rolling.  

When I was in the hospital I took the initiative to get a list of in network doctors / oncologist and then asked my trusted lead resident, Dr Rosen on what he thought - he helped me look at the list and made a few suggestions.   

I decide I am going to approach this process as best I can and with the professional attitude that I have approached my career and raising Amelia - ask for the advice of others more versed in what I am doing (Ester to the rescue), do research and interview the potential candidates.

Ester took the list also in hand and made her suggestions.  She had also brought over the New Yorker Magazine list of top New York doctors - I was heading in the right direction.  The oncology group at St. Lukes Roosevelt is a top contender.  While in the hospital my gastric doctor suggests another Dr. with St. Luke / Roosevelt who I schedule and appointment with - I am to stop by his office on the 13th.  Ester also suggest New York Presbyterian - so does my own little Dr. House, Patty Disken Cahill who I would trust with my life any day.  She has nursed her daughter with infant diabetes for 18 years and she and her husband dear Richard want only the best for Ryan and that is a good enough reference for me - NY Pres is at the top of the list.

Ester, Stacy and I spend the afternoon talking.  Stacy has brought me a comfortable dress so I can move out of the pj look.  Amelia soon takes over the very cute dress later in the summer - life does get back to normal and this is all good.

My incision still feels a bit hot and the pain medication does not seem to be doing much - it hurts, signs that I know from being a mom there is an infection!

I am grateful to be seeing Dr T tomorrow.

Peace - J

0 comments: