Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Chemo 2 - Monday August 4th

Good evening all,

Just to let you know I am o.k - had to stop chemo yesterday as I have a leaking port. They instert the port under your skin as a temporay way to access your blood - very technical and is an "in and out" day surgery. So that damn thing under my skin that is serving as a main line for the pharmaceutical cartel is defective. Off to yet another surgery tomorrow AM - just a quick few hours to get a new one put in. Then back into the chair for my remains of the chemo and the lovely pouch I take home. I will keep you posted as I have many drugs this time around - steroids, Adavan, and special chemo triplets! So wish me luck and I will give you all the big heads up of how terrific all is going!

So the big three things to be thankful for:

1) Top of the list is the most amazing child I am blessed with who was most courageous and spent the whole day with her mom yesterday at doctor and hospital visits - had a quick rush to NY Pres to check on my faulty medical devices! Amelia is the stars and the moon and I can only thank the whole universe for just and amazing, amazing 17 year old (almost 18)

2) Faulty ports allow for extra day of a little shopping with my darling daughter who I have not spent much time with since she has been so busy wowing that crowd at William Smith and now off to Puerto Rico with dad for a family visit - lucky Joe gets to go! She deserves every bit of R&R - she wrote some amazing papers for her summer at college.

3) My William Smith Mom T-shirt that I now can wear to chemo and shout and brag about my darling daughter

Yup she gets all the grateful praises today - and there are no words that will ever tell her how much I love her!

Hugs to you all,

Jen

0 comments: