Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Home and not so sweet June 11th

Taking pain killers and slowly finding my way around the house and in my head with my new diagnosis.  Michael is here and Amelia are playing nurses - they should be licensed for their diligent duty.  

I move from bed to the couch and trying to stay up to date with work and comrades via the web and email.  I am a bad patient.   I complain that I am struggling with sleep and have very bad night sweats.  I look up on the internet and find that night sweats can be accompanied with a diagnosis of cancer - shit does this mean they did not get it all out.  When do I start the next step in this journey - how do I begin.  I am going to meet with my friend Stacy and her aunt Ester who is a breast cancer survivor.  

My next appointment is Friday 13th with Dr. T which I did realize the date until now and think how appropriate - such bad luck that day!

Remember to be grateful:

I have Dr. T
I have Amelia and Michael, Stacy and Shelly
Mom is coming soon


0 comments: