Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Second part of round 2 Chemo - recovered by August 12th

Hi - a solemn hi,

This sucks! Had to have the port repaired on August 6th in the morning and then my lovely friend Debbie G took me over for the completion of my Monday chemo - thanks Deb.

O.k, finally rebounding a bit. I got back my results for the genetic testing - all family members can sigh a big relief as this does not look to be a predisposition of gene growth! Yeah! Val congrats on your clean colon - Kel is next and all the cousins need to still go!

As of yesterday I was ready to hang up this chemo thing! I feel like I am in a fight with the Terminator and he is winning - damn him all to hell! Today I had the most amazing conversation with my health insurance company - Oxford Freedom has a nurse and a social worker for me. They both were so available and understanding and pointing me in directions that are making me feel more optimistic and that I can get to my next treatment....chemo is not for the faint of heart and soul! I am going to Gilda's Club on Thursday and reaching out to CancerCare for more support. Michael has arrived and so there is nothing like love to heal the soul! Having his arms wrapped around me is a blanket that nothing else feels like and so now for the big three grateful's

1) Love - to have a grown up true love compares to nothing.

2) Friends that have set an example of how to grow that love - Patty and Richard, Joanne and Richard, Debra and Steve, Felice and Glen, Shelly and Mark.  I am grateful for the joy and humor I have had in watching relationships that last lifetimes - and don't think I am not aware of how fragile and the work I see you all put into them.....

3) Courage is not what you do when not afraid, but steps we all take when the dark comes and we need faith to move us forward when we are walking a solemn path.

Next treatment next week - Wednesday and mom will be here to hold me and help me heal - I am lucky.

I will be in touch - thank you all for all the support! Patty and Shelly and Dawn - Bill Lowrey were all my angels and saviors last week! I could not do this without you and I am so damn lucky to have the most amazing friends!

All my love!

Jen

0 comments: