Thursday, October 2, 2008

Halfway there! Round 6 of Chemo complete - yeah!!!

Hi all...


In addition, friends and family have been busy helping organize a fabulously fun and needed fundraiser for my family. Cancer hits on so many levels we least expect - see the link to this exciting must attend fall event with raffle and silent auction at Jen's Blast. Kwiat diamonds will be donating a stunning piece, local art work and fun classes for your children at Kidsville - so keep looking back to see what comes up. If all of this is not enough to get you out then come for the great sounds of Hugh Pool, the most handsome blues / rock man in town.

So much to catch up up on and I am trying....I have left space below to fill you in with surprises of inspiration and fun - watching Amelia go off to Hobart William Smith and the joys of having a mom around in the most challenging of times!

But for now let's talk round 6 Chemo! The processes has gotten much easier with the help of many western drugs - gotta love that Vicodin and Adavan. The real kicker is the acupuncture! East meets West every week - starts on the first day of when my chemo pump is connected and continues for the next two days. I go again on the following week when I am recovering. My energy feels smoother and although I still find myself pretty weepy the second and third days of chemo - the pain has subsided so that I can stop sleeping on the bathroom floor...somehow the cool tile is just enough to numb the aching bones. Recovery for the good week seems to come more easily and I put myself into action for everything other than caner! My life is just going through a passage that will only enhance me as a human being - this I do believe. See my dear friend David Greenhouses' holistic center which is supplementing my health care needs with acupuncture. David and Myung-Jin Chung are giving me a great gift! Again the words thank you feel so minimal....call to find out more 718-599-3113 & 212-277-4406




I miss my swims - the nerve endings in my ears can't take the cool weather and water for now. I guess the triathlon is going to have to wait until first of next year. There is still morning runs and biking so anyone who wants to spend a fall weekend biking give me a ring!

A tip on good books to read - Eat, Pray, Love - a chick book with a message for us all to live from the heart! Get up and get going!

The Friday Night Knitting Club - o.k Shelly I finished it in spite of the ending and still find it triumphant and a good quick read...sometimes people touch us in ways that surprise us - Deb and Joanne I think of all I have learned from you and it keeps me going.

And now three things to be grateful for :
1) Community - I live in one of the best parts of American, voted in the Utne Reader over ten years ago, but for us who have lived here and built on the foundation of some very special old timers - Gigi we will miss you, we are all blessed
2) Friends and Family - maybe this is my big lesson....never be too grateful to those who touch your life whether for a moment or a lifetime
3) Hope and dreams - listen to your heart and be brave to do what is inspiring no matter how silly or frivolous
With my warmest thoughts to you all!
xoxoxo
Jen




0 comments: