Tuesday, September 30, 2008

June 5th - haha the jokes on you surgery postponed!

When you are having an emergency surgery you are often put on a wait slot for the OR.  I was called in early since a morning patient had not shown up.  Boy did I understand how that person was feeling - wasn't there another way!  So being the good patient we drove in 7:30 am, checked in at ambulatory surgery and began our wait. Now remember I had not eaten for two days prior - they asked me to eat light and focus on liquids and did that flush the night before. No liquids or water since midnight the night before.

By noon I was fading in and out of sleep - head in Michael's lap and listening to Joe and Amelia play cards. I was feeling pretty weak so I decided I should probably say something like, "hey I am going to faint over here".

I went to the counter and they sent me back into prep were a lovely nurse greeted me and took my blood pressure - oho it was way to low! They started me on fluids and postponed my surgery until tomorrow. I was checking into the hospital early and on fluids to bring my blood pressure back up. Dr. T came by and checked on me before I headed up stairs. He asked me "what happened"? I told him that all the other girls he was operating on kept me waiting - my crush on him was waining! 

Michael and Amelia headed home....I headed to sleep and into denial as much as was possible.

J

0 comments: