Thursday, September 18, 2008

Life starts to change, April 28th - 29th


April 28 - 29th

I sent an email to my brother and sisters couple of weeks ago....had not been feeling well and went for a physical. Nothing found, but I could feel a growth on my right side in my abdomen.
On April 22 I went to the OBG for an opinion and then off for an ultra-sound. Something was there but a bit of a mystery so they wanted me to go for a CAT scan next....work and family were calling too.
On my way to the Jim Beam Licensing Summit in Louisville Kentucky. I had been so looking forward to going to the "blue grass" state and meeting Fred Noe, the 7th generation family distiller, and seeing the joyful look on all the licensees faces. We really did organize an extraordinary experience - a tour of the distillery, tasting on the small batch Bourbons and a BBQ at the Knob Creek House in the evening on the 28th and our Licensing Summit on the 29th. Elizabeth was a gem - our licensing coordinator! Sometimes when you work on something you really enjoy all aligns just perfectly.
We had a great time and doing a tasting experience with Fred Noe is like no other tasting I have ever been to - my favorite Basil Hayden's! Must try.....
The grounds of the distillery is magnificent - a southern girl at heart with horses and farm land for my choice of the country life.

What's coming next?
Jen










0 comments: