Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Happy New Year! 2009 rings in New Beginnings....


Here is to new beginnings and the joy of celebration just hours after my last chemotherapy treatment for stage III colon cancer. Diagnosed 6 months ago - miles ago, what feels like years ago and then in reality was only days or and minutes ago. It took me some time to post all of this - just over 30 days. Each day it all sinks in a bit more, and each day my energy comes back and the anxiety finds a way out - in my steps out the front door and into my new life as a cancer survivor! It felt like a bad nightmare - was this real? I go mid February for my first PET scan and will take each one as it comes, every few months to help guide my next steps. Thank you to you all for your support and believing this day would come! Thank you thank you thank you....those are my three things to be grateful for - to be thankful!

Love,
Jen

0 comments: