Wednesday, January 28, 2009

December 15th #11 without a hitch - xmas shopping with chemo on!

Michael was a bit sick so we decided he could not go with me to chemotherapy, but I could drive myself in and Shelly would meet me - perfect.  Shel would drive me home and I would be there with Michael and he could take me under is own convalescing wing!  How romantic! 

The tough part was that Amelia was home now for the break from school, we had family friends coming the following weekend and then Clayton - Michael's son would come on the afternoon of Monday December 21st.  It was getting crowded and oh so busy just before xmas and I still had a bit of shopping to do!  

So I got the brainy idea to go after chemo to Costco in Long Island City to take a look at a few things.  Good idea for the time line and remember I feel no pain right after chemo - in fact I often remember very little.  So Shel was up for it.  She needed to go by the liquor outlet and so we were off.... I found a great flannel shirt for Michael and picked up a couple bottles of Perseco for my next and to be last chemo treatment December 29th!  

Sometimes what you don't feel and don't know can't hurt you!  So I did not know if I looked a bit out of it, my dear friend Shelly always says I look marvelous, and if I acted a bit strange - well that is par for the course when I am not on drugs!  I was one step closer to being finished with treatment and my shopping - all in a days work while in treatment!

Three things to be grateful for:

1) Shel
2) Shel and Mark
3) Shel, Mark and Michael

xoxoxo
Jen

0 comments: