Friday, July 29, 2011

Thinking too much...is there such a thing?


I hate it when I wake from a restless sleep with faint memories of my subconscious battling in my dreams.  All I ask is for my brain to rest when I rest.

This has been an ongoing life challenge.  I am a thinker, an over thinker they say.  What does that mean?  Does that mean I mull things around in my mind looking for answers? Yes.  Do I come up with creative solution?  Yes.  Sometimes though it is just the mulling that becomes all consuming, and that really just stifles creativity.  Action spurs creativity more than thinking.  What often keeps us (me) from action is the fear of failure or just not being able to see the whole outcome. Well to hell with that way of thinking.  Mistakes happen…some big and some small, but that also leads to new problem solving skills and sometimes humility that helps to make a different choice the next time around. Inaction is an ongoing mistake too.

0 comments: