Friday, November 7, 2008

Round 8 November 4th - alone and it was a good thing

I have worked out the schedule for chemo so that I have the good company of my posse.  All the remaining days are covered - last one December 29th!   This one, I was on my own.  

Michael is working - very hard for the benefit of two households.  I could do this - I can do this. I recovered even after the bit of a crash from round 7 and spent my good week sorting through the next stages of my life and cuddling up.  I was ready to go - and I needed to vote also!

Tuesday November 4th - a day for history for all.  We the people made an amazing choice - we put a very courageous man and family in the White House.  Congratulations to President Obama! Yes we can!  

Chemo went as it always does, as it always will go.  Thank you Mark A for taking care of me on Wednesday afternoon.  I am up and typing already - just two days later.

More important, is to acknowledge that the big picture of life is moving right along.  Joe and Amelia voted today!  A new generation of influence is upon us and may we heed their youthful wisdom.  May Amelia heed the wisdom of those who have come before her as William Smith celebrates 100 years of education this weekend and she joyfully celebrates with Joe.  May we all try, try very hard to be kind, patient and thoughtful with ourselves and one another - we are in for a long road of good change.  

Three things to be grateful for:

1. Democracy

2. The right to vote

3. The privilege to participate in my government

xoxoxo
Jen

0 comments: